I Hope I'm Wrong About Zero Trust

 Here is a simple metaphor to help you understand zero trust. 

However...I may be wrong. 

A security guard sitting at the front desk reception area of a building is the equivalent of the traditional, static, network-based perimeter that many organizations and businesses use today. 


In Zero Trust, not only is there a guard sitting at the front desk, there are also guards stationed at each elevator, each stairwell, and each doorway to offices on each floor. 


This can't be right. 

There is no way that organizations that struggle with asset management, struggle with keeping personal iPhones off the network and are already plagued with degraded work performance due to the plethora of agents and tools currently slowing down the mission critial tasks of employees... is now going to add all this additional friction to operational work. 

Tell me that I'm wrong about this metaphor. 




Comments